Monday, October 5, 2009

SNAPSHOTS

Most Treasured: To me personally, the quality of the picture isn't the same as who or what is inside. Such is the picture that I have with my mother's side of the family. My mother's side would have to be one of my favorite and most supportive side of my family because they actually care about mine and my family's well-being and happiness, not to mention they contact us all the time to see how we're doing. In the picture there was my aunt, my three uncles, all of their spouses, my few cousins, and my three second cousins. It was exciting because I got this picture this past summer when I was given the opportunity to travel back and forth between Minnesota and Wisconsin for a family reunion that happens once ever few years. Therer was work, there was laughter, there was teary good-byes, but in the end it was worth it. We stopped at an all-you-can-eat buffett for breakfast before leaving. There were many hugs that followed and this picture for a keepsake. Even though we're spread out in four different states, they will always hold a special place in my heart. As the saying goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."


Happiness, loss; & A change in my life: I remember the day that this photograph was taken. A warm Mississippi sun, our beat up, old-school, dirty white car, my hyperactive collie Skipper, A long lost brother who still remembered that we existed, a sister who used to smile and loveback in those days, and another brother who towered over the rest of us including our parents. I was busy bobbing my bright blonde pig-tails while cooing to skipper to really pay much attention about the picture. I remember that my brother Tim was in green sweatpants after lazing about once football practice was over for the day. Heath had a smile on his face with his freckles popping out in contrast against his bright red skin. Katie looked a bit distracted but that was probably because she wasn't used to being this close with the family. For me personally, I had a bright smile on my face because I was with my family however my eyes were finally rested upon Skipper. Who would've known that our happy and close family would go their separate ways without a proper good-bye or phonecalls to make up for the time and distance apart? I suppose the past can be forgiven but it will never be forgotten, at least not with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment