Friday, March 12, 2010

Short-Comings (apology)

Forgive me but my hair doesn't shine as brightly as hers. My lips aren't as big or as cherry-red stained as hers. My figure isn't an hourglass shape. And my voice doesn't sound like a choir of angels singing. I'm sorry that you could only see my faults, but you see her beauty- as fake as it may be. When I cry, I don't look pretty. My eyes turn red and puffy plus my make up smears and runs. My skin isn't flawless, with red blotches and a pasty pale color rather than a tan. I'm sure she doesn't have these problems. Most of all, I'm sorry that you couldn't see...The me that has some good in her. The me that I've become too scared to show now.
I trusted you.
Admired you.
Wanted you.
Begged for you to acknowledge me.
I’m sorry you weren’t able to notice
The good things about me.
Too late to make things right though.
Because I don’t want it anymore.

1 comment:

  1. This is so good sweetpea, so many girls feel like this, You did a really nice job of creating the moment. I loveee you. <3 whoever this is about they're not worth someone as caring and lovely as you dear.

    ReplyDelete